Fakes and Hooker Lumber and Coal was founded in 1867 by two local businessmen and has grown into a staff today of over 30 employees, still locally owned and operated.
About Us>

About Fakes and Hooker Lumber

History

Fakes and Hooker Lumber and Coal was founded in 1867 by two local businessmen and has grown into a staff today of over 30 employees, still locally owned and operated.
The store was the second in town to have a telephone, and the actual phone number was “2”. In 1915, the store proudly advertised that they offered the "Best Domestic and Blacksmith Coal".  The company remained much the same over the years, adapting to changes in the housing industry as they were presented. In the 1980s, the lumber store expanded to include a paint and decorating center, after coal was no longer a viable personal heating source.

Since then, Fakes & Hooker Lumber Co. has added the technology, equipment, and people to enhance our service level to the customer and continue to provide solutions in a timely fashion to address any questions that may arise during the construction process.
Fakes & Hooker Lumber Co. strives to meet the needs of Middle Tennessee’s finest home builders and provide exceptional customer service and value to our trading partners.